By joining the GRA, you can contribute towards a friendly, safe and welcoming neighbourhood for everyone.
An active and energetic Residents’ Association can enhance the quality of life in our community.
As a paid-up member of the GRA, you can attend GRA meetings and have a say on the issues that affect you as a Groenkloof resident or homeowner.
Our continued achievements as the GRA depend on your participation and involvement.
Join the GRA today and you can:
- Help protect and preserve our suburb area in which we live.
- Have your say on planning and licensing applications.
- Be an active member of our community.
- Make friends and business contacts.
- Help others – and receive help in return.
- Show that you care about your community.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Help us to help you:
- Better amenities – including the landscaping of common areas, trails and playgrounds.
- Maintenance – repairs are done sooner, reducing the chances of accident or service outages.
- Support – advice on issues including planning, illegal businesses, abandoned vehicles and noise.
- Community spirit – bringing people together in spirit and for social events.
- Campaigning on issues – making sure our voices are heard and be recognised by municipal authorities. There is strength in numbers!
- Property values – a well-maintained, peaceful suburb is somewhere that people will want to live.
Who is eligible to join the GRA?
Anyone who lives in Groenkloof, or who owns property in the suburb.
How much does it cost?
The GRA does not receive any government or municipal funding – we depend on your membership fees. The membership fee for 2020 is R350 per household. We are able to offer pensioners a reduced membership rate of R225.
Prompt payment means that we can continue to deliver initiatives that will improve our suburb for everyone.
How do I pay?
Please pay by EFT using the details below, and email the POP to groenkloofRA@gmail.com – invoices can be supplied on request.
Bank: First National Bank
Branch: Brooklyn – 251345
Account number: 62054810207
Reference: Your surname, street name and number
How do we spend your money?
Your subscription fees directly fund community, environmental and security initiatives that benefit everyone in Groenkloof. We keep our admin overheads to a minimum and publish full annual accounts as part of our annual report. Committee members are volunteers and do not receive any remuneration.